As Kermit the Frog once said, "It's not easy being green," but these 10 U.S. hotels, voted the best in the U.S. by 10Best readers, have gone above and beyond to promote environmental sustainability. Along the way, they've earned certification in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the U.S. Green Building Council. In choosing the 20 nominees for Best Eco-Friendly Hotel, 10Best editors considered the input of a panel of hotel experts, as well as industry awards, LEED certification level and guest reviews.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Eco-Friendly Hotel are as follows:
- Nature Inn at Bald Eagle - Howard, Penn.
- The Crash Pad - Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Len Foote Hike Inn - Dawsonville, Ga.
- Point Reyes Hostel - Point Reyes National Seashore, Calif.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte - Charlotte
- Historic Boone Tavern Hotel & Restaurant - Berea, Ky.
- The Orchard Hotel - San Francisco
- The Hotel Skyler - Syracuse, N.Y.
- ARIA Hotel Tower - Las Vegas
- Proximity Hotel - Greensboro, N.C.
Click here to read the full article.
Published by USA Today 10Best on August 5, 2016: Written by 10 Best Editors