DOWNLOADABLE IMAGES: ERLANGER CHATTANOOGA MARATHON
WHAT: Chattanooga Sports, a division of Chattanooga Tourism Co., Erlanger Health System, and community-wide partners are excited to announce major enhancements to the 2023 Erlanger Chattanooga Marathon Weekend, March 3-5, 2023. More than 4,000 runners and spectators from 39 states and 3 countries are expected, with an estimated economic impact of $1 million. Registration for the 5K, kids race, marathon, relay, and half marathon is open online.
WHERE: First Horizon Pavilion (1826 Reggie White Blvd., Chattanooga, TN 37408) and various locations across Chattanooga.
Friday, March 3, 2023
- 3-7 p.m. Expo/packet pickup/registration
Saturday, March 4, 2023
- 9 a.m. 5K begins and Expo opens
- 10 a.m. 5K awards
- 10:45 a.m. Kids Fun Run (1 mile)
Sunday, March 5, 2023
- 7:30 a.m. Marathon, relay, and half marathon starts
- 9 a.m. Expo opens
- 10 a.m. Half marathon awards
- 12 p.m. Marathon awards
DETAILS: The Erlanger Chattanooga Marathon Weekend, a Boston Marathon qualifier, promotes healthy activity and community collaboration and showcases Chattanooga as an outdoor destination.
Erlanger Chattanooga Marathon Weekend:
- Runners will experience a unique racecourse along the Tennessee River through downtown Chattanooga. Enhancements along the course include local arts and culture activations, live music, Million Dolla Man live DJ at the finish line, and more.
- The Erlanger Chattanooga Marathon Weekend is partnering with Brainwaves Project, an innovative technology study initiated by the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) that demonstrates innovation through health and human performance research. Study participants will be monitored through customized headsets sending real-time brainwave data to be displayed at the Expo and used to determine future racecourse improvements and the runner’s experience.
- The EXPO is the central location for runners and spectators to pursue vendors, purchase merchandise, and engage in health and wellness experiences.
- Chattanooga Sports offers volunteers a chance to raise money for their own non-profit organization through a Volunteer Group Grant.
MAPS & TRAFFIC IMPACT:
View maps, parking, and traffic information online for race day. Bike Chattanooga bikes and CARTA's free electric shuttle are a great way to get around downtown Chattanooga throughout the weekend.
SPONSORS: Thank you to this year’s Erlanger Chattanooga Marathon Weekend sponsors: Erlanger Health System, Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, EPB Fiber Optics, Michelob Ultra, Publix, Chambliss Law, Kenco, Truck ‘N Trailers USA.
The Chattanooga Tourism Co. serves the community by using visitor-generated funds to inspire people to visit and connect them with authentic Chattanooga experiences. Visitor spending contributes to a quality of place, resident savings, thriving local businesses, job creation, capital investment, and public services including education and safety. The 700+ Tourism Co. partners represent a variety of industries including lodging, dining, food and beverage, attractions, manufacturing, finance, government, healthcare, retail, and more.
MEDIA CONTACT: Hannah Hammon, Chattanooga Tourism Co.
Hannah@ChattanoogaTourism.com or 256-996-5788