New Chattanooga Tourism Co. campaign highlights openings, unique jobs
Chattanooga Tourism Co. is kicking off a Hospitality is Hiring Campaign to connect people with available jobs in our community. The push to help people get hired coincides with U.S. Travel and Tourism Week, which is May 2-8, 2021.
Chattanooga Tourism Co. has compiled openings from its tourism partners like restaurants, accommodations, attractions and other hospitality-related businesses, which are posted to VisitChattanooga.com/Careers.
In Hamilton County, leisure and hospitality businesses have continued to add jobs consistently since the height of shutdowns a year ago, according to U.S. BLS data. The industry’s employment levels are still down about 12 percent from March 2020, but tourism partners are eager to fill a range of openings to gear up for an anticipated strong return of Chattanooga’s visitor economy.
A job in tourism gives workers a chance to be part of the action as visitors travel to Chattanooga this summer and beyond. Available jobs include chefs, servers, bartenders, front desk workers, housekeepers and more.
Major attractions like Rock City, Ruby Falls, Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga Zoo and Hunter Museum of American Art are all hiring. More positions are being added daily.
Here are Chattanooga Tourism Co.’s picks for 5 unique jobs:
- Zoo Keeper - Chattanooga Zoo: For anyone who loves animals and being outdoors, this would be a dream job. Specifically, the zoo says it’s looking for someone with a passion for working with exotic animals.
- Ice Cream Maker - Clumpies: I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream! Getting to churn this creamy goodness every day and breathing in that heavenly Clumpies scent – where do we sign up?!
- Evening Events Associate - Tennessee Aquarium: Water. Wildlife. Conservation. Interactions with people. For an outgoing marine and river species lover, this would be a cool position.
- Museum Attendant - Hunter Museum of American Art: We would be in awe just getting to view the most complete collection of American art in the Southeast every day. Live it with this job.
- Sous Chef – Chattanoogan Hotel: Psst. In case you hadn’t heard, the Chattanoogan Hotel, now Curio Collection by Hilton, has been undergoing a major renovation, including new concepts High Rail and Forge. Get in and grow with something from the ground up.
Interested job seekers and tourism partners with openings should go to VisitChattanooga.com/Careers.
About The Chattanooga Tourism Co.
The Chattanooga Tourism Co. promotes and develops visitor experiences for our community’s economic and social prosperity. Chattanooga has been named one of 10 Best Small Cities in the U.S. in 2019 and one of 10 Friendliest Cities in 2020 in Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards as well as one of 20 U.S. Places to Go by TripAdvisor as recently as 2020. Start exploring at VisitChattanooga.com or follow @VisitChatt on social media.