Hiwassee Loop Train Ride
- 4119 Cromwell Road
- Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Location: Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Enjoy a 50-mile round trip up the beautiful lower Hiwassee River Gorge. This 3-1/2 hour trip will take you to the top of the famous "Hiwassee Loop" where the tracks cross over themselves as they corkscrew up the mountain near Farner, Tennessee.
Departure from Etowah is 9 am, 1:30 pm, and/or 2 pm; return is approximately 5:45 p.m. **All times are Eastern Standard**
All trains run rain or shine. Ticket sales are final. Departs from 9406 hwy 411, Delano, TN 37325.
The railroad over which Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum trains travel on its Hiwassee River Rail Adventures was formerly part of the Louisville and Nashville (L&N) Railroad’s Atlanta Division stretching between Etowah, TN and Marietta, Georgia. Learn more
Prices start at $50 per Adult and $34 per child.
In accordance with the guidelines laid out by the state and local health departments, our seating capacity is reduced. Below are listed safety measures we have put in place including, but not limited to:
- All foot traffic will be one-way; arrows and signage are posted along all pathways
- Guests are asked to wear face masks while on the train
- Hand Sanitizing stations are located throughout the property, on board our trains, and where commonly used fixtures are handled
- Our staff will be sanitizing facilities throughout the day, and after each train ride
- Social Distancing reminders are posted throughout the property
- We will not be able to accept vouchers, coupons, discounts or other special offers at this time
- All employees are wearing face masks and are screened at the beginning of each day
- Walkup ticket sales will close 15 minutes prior to each departure
- As directed by the Health Department, masks are required in all enclosed areas including buildings and on the train.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it develops and follow the guidelines laid out by local officials.