Spring Break Safari: Zookeeper
What if you could. . .
. . . be a Zookeeper at the Chattanooga Zoo and encounter chimpanzees, jaguars, komodo dragons, red pandas, meerkats, and more?
Become a zookeeper by observing creatures during the Animal Meet and Greets; chatting with our zookeepers to learn about our animals and how we care for them; watching our zookeepers train our chimpanzees and learn why it is important to their health; touring different areas of the zoo; helping our zookeeper distribute animal enrichment; and so much more.
Exclusively for Spring Break Safari 2019, join us on our daily World Tour* as we spend 15-20 minutes taking a look at a specific geographical area of the zoo. Learn from our tour guides and zookeepers about the animals that live there, their naturalistic behaviors and survival instincts, how we encourage these behaviors, and more. Tours are offered daily at 2 p.m., see weekly schedule below.
Learn more about zookeeping and wildlife through one of our interactive experiences and receive real zookeeper experience. The WILD Encounter programs offer behind-the-scenes encounters with some of the most exotic and unique animals in the world, including cotton-top tamarins, cabybaras, and red pandas. WILD Encounter program requires additional pricing, varies per animal, and must be booked online in advance.
Zoo Tours take you even closer! Choose a carnivore, reptile, or primate tour to experience the zoo and observe our animals from a whole different perspective. Zoo Tours require additional pricing, are offered Friday-Sunday, and must be booked online in advance.
- Dates available: Friday, March 13 – Sunday, April 19, 2020
- Free Spring Break Safari Guide: Available at ticketing or online (after March 6)
- Animal Meet & Greets: Daily, times & locations vary
- Keeper Chats: Daily, times & locations vary
- Chimpanzee Training: Daily, 1:30 p.m., in the Gombe Forest
- World Tours Schedule: Daily, 2 p.m., locations vary
- Hours: Daily, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; daily programming schedules online
- Cost: $12.95 for adults; $9.95 for children ages 3-12; children ages 2 and under are free
- Hug-a-Bunny Days: April 10 & 11, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.