Clean and Safe Guide for Summer Travel
June 10, 2021
We are excited for your visit! There are currently no state or county mask mandates. Our attractions, restaurants, lodging, and more are continuing to take extra safety precautions to protect the health and safety of our community and visitors. We recommend reaching out to the individual attraction you're planning to visit to get more information on their specific health and safety guidelines.
As family summer travel plans ramp up, we want to make sure you're prepared with the best materials to enjoy your vacation in Chattanooga. 77% of travelers are vaccinated, but kids under the age of 12 are still not eligible - so, we've created a list of safe and family-friendly activities for you!
Make Advance Reservations
Many Chattanooga businesses are requiring advance reservations for ticketing. While planning your visit to Chattanooga, we recommend purchasing your tickets online in advance to ensure you make the most of your trip to the scenic city. Please visit business websites for more information.
"ATR" = Advanced Ticketing Required
Here is a list of family-friendly experiences in Chattanooga:
- Ruby Falls ATR
- Tennessee Aquarium ATR
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway ATR
- Hunter Museum of American Art
- Creative Discovery Museum ATR
- Rock City (outdoors) ATR
- Chattanooga Zoo (outdoors)
- Chattanooga Market (outdoors)
- Chickamauga Battlefield and Point Park (outdoors)
- Coolidge Park Fountain (outdoors)
- Coolidge Park Antique Carousel (outdoors)
- Chattanooga Lookouts (outdoors) ATR