Where should I park?
- Areas highlighted on this map in yellow indicate where you can find Parking Lots & Garage options.
- Here is an overview of various Parking Rates in the downtown area.
- The CARTA FREE ELECTRIC SHUTTLE runs directly to the following parking garages:
- CARTA NORTH SHORE GARAGE - Located at 345 Frazier Avenue behind the Mr. Zip gas station.
- CARTA NORTH GARAGE - Located at 115 W 3rd Street.
- CARTA SOUTH GARAGE - Located at 1362 Market Street beside the Chattanooga Choo Choo
- On Street Parking Meters have a two-hour limit. Instructions on how to use them can be found here: Machine Instructions
- For your convenience, many of the options listed above are connected via the Parkmobile phone app.
I have an RV where can I stay and park?
Follow this link to read our Planning Your RV Trip blog.
What about the Free Electric Shuttle?
Here is a Shuttle Map showing the route and more information on our free downtown and North Shore electric shuttles. You can expect a bus to come by your stop every 10 – 15 minutes. The North Shore bus runs every 20 minutes. The buses have a sign on their front which indicates the direction of travel. Buses displaying the Aquarium sign are Northbound on a return trip from the Choo Choo Stop. Buses displaying the Choo Choo sign are Southbound on a return trip from the Aquarium Stop. Buses displaying the North Shore sign are going to the North Shore and Aquarium stops.
- North Shore buses make only thee stops.
- In front of Locals Only - only for those getting off the bus.
- At the CARTA North Shore Garage (see above) for loading and unloading.
- At the Aquarium Stop for loading and unloading.
How do I get up to the Lookout Mountain Attractions?
We have ride share options operating in Chattanooga such as UBER and LYFT as well as Taxi Services. There is no city tour or designated bus route running a regular schedule to the many different attractions and locations on Lookout Mountain such as Rock City, Ruby Falls, Point Park and the Incline Railway.
To get to the Incline at the foot of the mountain, you may pay to ride the St. Elmo public bus #15 route from downtown and purchase a ticket to ride the Lookout Mountain - St. Elmo Incline Railway. The Incline will take you to the top of the mountain and from there you can walk north to Point Park, Battles for Chattanooga, and the Battlefield Visitors Center.
Can you provide information on the public bus system?
The Chattanooga Airport is one of the easiest and nicest airport experiences in the nation. With direct flights to New York, Washington D.C., Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta and more, the Chattanooga Airport is a wonderful way to arrive relaxed and in style just 15 minutes from Downtown...Learn More