Summer Fun in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Come explore our favorite summer spots, and it will be easy to see why we were voted “Best Town Ever” twice by Outside magazine and one of 10 Best Small Cities in the U.S. by Conde Nast Traveler.
Summer in the Scenic City is full of exploring our natural wonders and one-of-a-kind attractions. You’ll find entertaining options, outdoor recreation, farm-fresh dining and craft brews and spirits. While in town, go for an appetizing stroll through our farmers’ market, board a river cruise or tour and stop by our acres of green parks, playful fountains and cascading waterfalls. When it’s time to cool off, you’ll find plenty of shopping at boutiques and cultural pursuits like our art museums. Plus, the sun sets a little later here, so there’s always time for an evening walk across the Walnut Street Bridge.
Chattanooga is an easy road trip from Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Huntsville and Birmingham - all two hours or less. That means less traveling and more fun! Once here, park the car and explore our vibrant and compact downtown by foot or aboard the free electric shuttle that connects the Downtown, Riverfront, NorthShore and Southside Districts. Embrace life on two wheels by riding one of our 300 bikes in the bike-share system.
To make your summer vacation planning a little easier, we’ve selected the top 14 reasons you should visit Chattanooga this summer.
- Before planning your trip, review What You Should Know Before Visiting Chattanooga.
- Browse suggested itineraries when planning your visit.
- Save money on attraction/dining/hotel costs by using exclusive special offers.
- Select a hotel or B&B that has special packages like dining certificates and attraction tickets.
- Park your car and navigate the downtown area via the free electric shuttle or the bike share system with more than 300 bikes throughout the city.
- Double check the website or social media of individual businesses and attractions for operating hours and new safety guidelines (opening dates are noted where known).