Perhaps you hiked all morning and caught a solid nap, got in late on a flight, or maybe you were just born to be a night owl. Lately, Chattanooga has more available options after midnight than ever before! Here is a roundup of some of our favorite late-night spots.
NEWCOMERS: Bars New to the Chattanooga Nightlife Scene
From the incredible folks who brought us No Hard Feelings bar comes Bless Yer Heart, a retro darling with tiki drinks and fuzzy 70s vibes. Warm lighting bathes wood paneling adorned with Grandpa’s basement kitsch, so it is hard not to feel a little cozy. The drinks are bright and juicy, there’s a back patio to catch some fresh air, and the vibrations of JJ’s Bohemia, (the music venue next door) only add to the nostalgic spirit.
- ADDRESS: 233 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- HOURS: 5PM-2AM – 7 days a week – (happy hour 5pm-7pm)
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+ only, opening Dec 2023
With late-night pinball, a day and night deli, and an ample dog-friendly patio with booths, games, and frozen drinks, this space is the perfect spot for a late evening stop or an all-night linger. Advertised as a “neighborhood bar for freaks, geeks, and ne’er-do-wells,” they have an incredibly friendly staff and offer a huge menu of beverages including cocktail pitchers and boilermakers, an ample selection of sandwiches (with sides of flamin’ hot Cheetos) served in a cheeky atmosphere.
- ADDRESS: 1402 Cemetery Ave | Chattanooga, TN
- HOURS: Weekdays: 11 am – 3 am and Saturday / Sunday: 10 am – 3 am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+ only, dog-friendly, kitchen shuts down between 1:30 and 2am
COCKTAILS AND HIJINKS: Favorite Bars for Cocktails and Fun
The new standard in Chattanooga’s late-night scene, this spot has a curated selection of craft cocktails and an inviting, dimly lit interior of velvet booths that leave space for their inevitable dance parties. They host amazing events like drag bashes, dog shindigs, and Christmas-themed takeovers, and the staff there is not only welcoming and friendly but as skilled at playing party hosts as they are at whipping up classic cocktails.
- ADDRESS: 806 Broad St | Chattanooga, TN
- HOURS: 5pm – 1am / Friday & Saturday 5pm-2am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+ only, dog friendly, LGBTQ Friendly, Industry Sundays
Maybe you go for the hilarious punny cocktails, the neon-lit bubble parties, or the incredibly experienced team of knowledgeable and gregarious staff. Maybe you love drinking your Junglebirds on pebble ice out of porcelain unicorns. Maybe you are keeping it low-key and want the best selection of mocktails in Chattanooga. There are so many reasons to stop at Unknown Caller - the scene, the beverages and the staff are supreme – but the secret is out so be prepared to wait on the weekends to get a taste.
- ADDRESS: 715 Cherry St, Chattanooga, TN
- HOURS: Sun-Thurs 6pm-1am / Fri-Sat 6pm-2am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+ only and busy on weekends
HOMETOWN CLASSICS: After all this time? These Chattanooga Bars are Still our Go-Tos
A community favorite, The Pickle Barrel is open until 3am and has some of the best late-night fare in the city. Belly up to the downstairs bar or ascend the spiral staircase to the upstairs patio. It is a necessary stopping point for a tasty base of French fries, a beer, and a shot on the way out, or capping off your evening with a basket of cheddar Pierogis. Once you settle in, you never know who you’ll strike up a conversation with, it’s a very fun bar that can be very hard to leave.
- ADDRESS: 1012 Market Street, Chattanooga, TN
- HOURS: Open until 3am -Kitchen closes around 12:30am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+ only, no dogs allowed on the patio, busy on weekends
For shooting pool past midnight in the Scenic City, CBC is a convenient option right downtown. As a hotspot cherished by both locals and tourists, securing a spot at the pool tables might be a bit of a race. Feel free to throw some darts or hang out by the bar; however, brace yourself for the rowdy pool hall atmosphere that intensifies as the night unfolds.
- ADDRESS: 725 Cherry St., Chattanooga, TN
- HOURS: 11am-2:45am / Kitchen closes at 2am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+, smoking allowed inside
DJs & DRINKS: Enjoy Your Drinks With a Side of Party Vibes at These Bars
Look for the light-up Santas on the roof and strings of Christmas lights to identify this irreverent, outdoor dive bar. On the weekends, it is throbbing with fun, eclectic DJs and a young, lively crowd. On weeknights, it is laid-back and social, and you can linger at the small indoor portion of the bar. There is a huge outdoor dance floor, slushie drinks, and a projector for video games and movies. This local favorite locale is uniquely Chattanooga.
- ADDRESS: 1634 Rossville Ave, Chattanooga, TN
- HOURS: Sun-Tuesday 8pm-2am, Wed-Saturday 8pm-3am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+, often has a cover, primarily outdoors
*up late on weekends
Whether you are expert-level or new to the sport, Chattanooga Cigar Club caters to all levels of cigar aficionado. They also have a hookah menu! This spot is for the late-night extrovert: be ready for music and dancing. They host regular parties and events including music, poetry, DJs, and Ladies Nights – check their Instagram for what is next!
- ADDRESS: 1518 Market Street Chattanooga
- HOURS: Thursday 8pm – 1am/ Friday and Saturday 8pm-2am
- GOOD TO KNOW: 21+, Indoor smoking
Looking for more Chattanooga bars and nightlife?
Check out our Nightlife page for more bars & clubs, breweries, wineries & distilleries, + concerts & live music.