Fall Festivals, Events, and Live Music
Lower temperatures make being outside much more enjoyable. Fall in Chattanooga is packed with a variety of fun and music including Wine Over Water Food & Wine Festival, 3 Sisters Bluegrass Festival, Levitt AMP Chattanooga Music Series, Big 9 Roots Festival, Chattanooga Motorcar Festival, Chattanooga Oktoberfest, Rock City's Blowing Springs Farm, Dread Hollow, WinnepeSPOOKah!, Halloween Eerie Express, and Boo in the Zoo.
There’s also plenty of live music and entertainment at The Signal, Comedy Catch, Songbirds North & South Stages, Tivoli Theater, Memorial Auditorium and at around 20 restaurants that offer live music on a weekly basis.
FESTIVALS AND LIVE MUSIC
- Chattanooga River Market/Tennessee Aquarium Plaza (FREE)
Now through Sept./Saturdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Chattanooga Market/First Tennessee Pavilion (FREE)
April-Dec./Sundays, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Levitt AMP Chattanooga Music Series/Bessie Smith Cultural Center Lawn (FREE)
Now-Oct. 24/Thursdays, 6-9 p.m.
- Moon River Music Festival presented by Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors/Coolidge Park
Sept. 7-8/9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Founders Day/Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Sept. 7/9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Noontunes Friday Music Series/Miller Park (FREE)
Sept. 13-Nov. 1/Fridays, Noon-1 p.m.
- Rocktoberfest/Rock City
Oct./Saturdays & Sundays
- Wine Over Water Food & Wine Festival/Walnut Street Bridge
Oct. 1-6/various times
- 3 Sisters Bluegrass Festival/Downtown Riverfront (FREE)
Oct. 4-5/6-10 p.m.
- Big 9 Roots Festival/Bessie Smith Cultural Center (FREE)
Oct. 5/11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- CultureFest at the Chattanooga Market/First Tennessee Pavilion (FREE)
Oct. 6/11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Chattanooga Motorcar Festival/Downtown
- Chattanooga Oktoberfest/First Tennessee Pavilion ($/FREE)
- Chattanooga Water Lantern Festival/Chester Frost Park
Oct. 19/4:30-9 p.m.
- Halloween “Boo”ze Cruise/Southern Belle Riverboat
Oct. 26/11 p.m.
- Birds of Prey Show/Rock City
Oct./Saturdays & Sundays
- Missionary Ridge Local Train Trips-55 minutes/Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Jan.-Dec./Daily trips most of the year, multiple times per day
- Summerville Steam Special Train Trips -9 Hours/Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Sept. 14 & 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19, 20, 26, & 27, Nov. 2, 9, & 10/9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Copperhill Special Train Trips-8 hours/Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Sept./Saturdays, Oct.-Nov./Fridays & Saturdays, 9:30 a.m.-6:15 p.m.
- Hiwassee Loop Train Trips-3.5 Hours/Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Select dates, including most weekends, through Nov. 24./1:30-6:15 p.m.
- Serve and Protect Celebrity Cooking Show/Tennessee Aquarium
Sept. 19/5:30-10 p.m.
- Beastly Feast/Chattanooga Zoo
Nov. 8/6-8 p.m.
- Annual Wall of the Fallen Unveiling Ceremony/International Towing & Recovery Museum (FREE)
Oct. 12/10 a.m.
- Hyperflite Skyhoundz World Canine Disc Championship/Coolidge Park (FREE)
Sept. 21-22/9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Blowing Springs Farm featuring the Enchanted MAiZE/Blowing Springs Farm
Sept. 27-Oct. 27
- Hamilton County Fair/Chester Frost Park (FREE)
Sept. 28-29/10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga Triathlon/Downtown Riverfront
Sept. 29/6 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Dread Hollow/Lookout Valley
Sept. 27-Oct. 31/Hours vary
- Fall Color Lunch or Sightseeing Cruises/Chattanooga Riverboat Co.’s Southern Belle
Oct. 1-Nov. 17/Daily, times vary
- ODDtober: When Nature is Stranger Than Fiction/Tennessee Aquarium
Oct. 1-31/Daily, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Halloween Eerie Express/Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Oct./Fridays & Saturdays
- Boo in the Zoo/Chattanooga Zoo
Oct. 18, 19, 25 & 26, 2019/5:30-8:30 p.m.
- AquaScarium/Tennessee Aquarium
Oct. 25/4-8 p.m.
- Haunted Trail & Trick or Treat/Enterprise South Nature Park
Oct. 25 & 26/6-10 p.m.
- Spooktacular Sculptures in the Sky - KITES!/Sculpture Fields at Montague Park (FREE)
Oct. 26/12-6 p.m.
- Bobby Stone Film Series Presents Rocky Horror Picture Show/Tivoli Theatre
Oct. 26/8-11:30 p.m.
- Cirque du Freak: Spooktacular Gala 2019/901 Lindsay
Oct. 26/7-11 p.m.
- Freakers Ball on Station Street/Southside
Oct. 26/6 p.m.-12 a.m.
- Haunted Market at the Chattanooga Market/First Tennessee Pavilion (FREE)
Oct. 27/11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Halloween House Party/Chattanooga Fire & Police Training Center (FREE)
Oct. 30/6-8 p.m.
- Creepy Carnival Halloween Party/Dwell Hotel
Oct. 31/7-11 p.m.
- Head of the Hooch Rowing Regatta/Downtown Riverfront (FREE)
Nov. 2-3/Times vary
All fall events can be found on the Chattanooga Events Calendar.