Spring Break Safari: Ruby Falls
What if you could. . .
. . . be a Cave Explorer, venturing deep underground and discovering natural wonders hidden within Lookout Mountain at Ruby Falls?
Become a real Cave Explorer on a guided expedition to discover the tallest and deepest underground waterfall open to the public in the United States. Getting to the thundering waterfall, 1,120 feet beneath the summit of Lookout Mountain, is a big part of the fun! After taking a glass-front elevator 260 feet below ground, you’ll get to hear tales of the accidental discovery of the cave and explore the cavern trail to find peculiar-looking ancient geological formations created over thousands of years from dripping water and mineral deposits. After your tour, try the adrenaline pumping fun at Ruby Falls' High Point ZIP Adventure (opens March 6 for the season)! Take in breathtaking views as you soar through the treetops on 700 feet of rushing ziplines and conquer the 40-foot climbing tower.
Ticketed guests ages 12 & under, can show a picture of their favorite geological wonder from inside the cave at the Village Gift Shop to receive a free geode to crack at home. Available while supplies last.
- PPE: Masks are required for all guests over the age of 2 inside any Ruby Falls buildings, the cave and elevator.
- Tickets: Tickets must be purchased in advance online, tickets are not sold onsite
- Cave Walk: Daily by advance reservation only, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. $22.95/adults, $12.95/ages 3-12, Free/2 & younger, no minimum age
- Lantern Tour: After-hours on Friday nights by reservation only, $32.95/ages 5 (min. age) & up, helmet included for ages 5-12
- Ticketed guests ages 12 & under, can show a picture of their favorite geological wonder from inside the cave at the Village Gift Shop to receive a free geode to crack at home. Available while supplies last.